Hetalia Gakuen Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

::Hetalia Gakuen Academy::

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Le Deal du moment : -49%
SanDisk Extreme 64 Go Carte microSDXC + adaptateur SD
Voir le deal
12.27 €

A Brotherly Hate Date?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
England

England

A Brotherly Hate Date? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Brotherly Hate Date?   A Brotherly Hate Date? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 11:06 pm

To this, Arthur only raised a brow and pursed his lips. Sure, perhaps he didn't understand what the big deal was, but he knew he was proving where he stood on the issue. That was well enough for him.

"Maybe I don't understand. Maybe I'll never. But I do understand one thing. You're trying, and you're making efforts, and I'm glad you are, and you have to keep going no matter what. And by Jove, if I have to toss every single pack of fags you rest your eyes on into the trashbin to show you how imperative it is for you not to give into the temptation, then I will." he promised in a low, steely voice.
Back to top Go down
Scotland

Scotland

PostSubject: Re: A Brotherly Hate Date?   A Brotherly Hate Date? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 11:36 pm

Rory's gaze was forced to soften a bit, somewhat confused as to why his brother even cared so much. Not that it was unwelcome, no not in the least. Just a bit shocking. He looked back at Arthur, gratefully, and with a questioning look in his eyes. Rory was thankful for the blonde's sudden caring, even if it was stressful and painful, but the Scot was just scared. Scared of giving it up. Scared of withdrawal. Scared of every single cigarette he would light up because he needed it. Because he needed it just to deal.

'Why?" he forced out in a hushed whisper, frowning. "Why do you care so much?"
Back to top Go down
England

England

PostSubject: Re: A Brotherly Hate Date?   A Brotherly Hate Date? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 11:46 pm

Arthur silently stared at him for a moment, a bit incredulous about the question. What kind of a question was that, anyways? He didn't need a reason to care. He just did. He didn't show it as normally as others would, perhaps, but he did nonetheless.

"Idiot..." he finally sighed, walking back to him and smacking him over the head before falling back down on the couch next to him. "You're my bloody brother, of course I would somehow feel the need to care at least a little." he muttered in a low voice, feeling somewhat embarrassed.
Back to top Go down
Scotland

Scotland

PostSubject: Re: A Brotherly Hate Date?   A Brotherly Hate Date? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 12:13 am

Rory shied a little after being hit, but it didn't really hurt. He had to stop and look at Arthur for a moment though, realizing he just had to accept it. Even if he didn't understand. The redhead wanted to pitch how his brother had never cared before for that reason, why now? But he didn't. He didn't want to fight. And so he simply sighed and nodded slowly, taking the information with a grain of salt.

"I see..."
Back to top Go down
England

England

PostSubject: Re: A Brotherly Hate Date?   A Brotherly Hate Date? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 12:29 am

Arthur noted the hesitation and slight confusion in his brother's voice and rolled his eyes. Sometimes, Rory was just so easy to read.

"Bloody git, I'm not going to replace mum, or anything. But since you've started being less of a prick than before, I figured I could make some effort as well. Roman armies didn't get into the turtle formation unless they were faced with attackers. I simply figured I would do as the Romans did." he shrugged.
Back to top Go down
Scotland

Scotland

PostSubject: Re: A Brotherly Hate Date?   A Brotherly Hate Date? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 12:39 am

Rory snorted both at Arthur's comment about their mother, and at his humorous analogy. "First of all, if you replaced mum you wouldn't be doing much. Unlike you, she never pampered or paid any mind at all to me as a child." He sighed, thinking back to those stressful, hard times and running his fingers through his hair. "I just became Daddy. I had to deal with her, in a state of wreck, while everyone else sat around sniveling." I shook my head, trying to get away from those memories.

"Secondly, if you truly did as the Romans did, you'd break and fall."
Back to top Go down
England

England

PostSubject: Re: A Brotherly Hate Date?   A Brotherly Hate Date? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 12:49 am

Arthur tensed and narrowed his eyes just slightly, looking past the TV, lost in reflection.

"I'm not about to apologize anytime soon." he breathed, more to himself than to Rory. "We've all had our hardships. Different in nature, but equally painful. But we've survived, haven't we? We're better than Romans. They never changed, even as time progressed, and so they fell because they wouldn't move forward. But we will, and we have. That's why we're still alive." Arthur threw a furtive glance at his brother, from the corner of his eye. "And you know, you're ruining that effort of progression by smoking your lungs black. Will you really kill the minotaur only to be bitten by a snake on your way out of the labyrinth?"
Back to top Go down
Scotland

Scotland

PostSubject: Re: A Brotherly Hate Date?   A Brotherly Hate Date? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 1:07 am

"You act like I want to be dependent on them like this." That was all he could say to that finally, after having had to sit back and mull over everything Arthur had said. The boy was getting smarter, learning things he needed to. His brother couldn't stay stuck in turtle formation forever, and that's what Rory was glad the blonde seemed to be learning.

"And you have no reason for apologizing in the first place," he added, looking over at Arthur. "None of this has been your fault."
Back to top Go down
England

England

PostSubject: Re: A Brotherly Hate Date?   A Brotherly Hate Date? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 1:25 am

"You may very well disagree, but there are some things that are partly my fault... I believe that your smoking habits are one of those things. I am a selfish person by nature, though. I will not implicate myself in what doesn't concern me." he didn't turn to look at Rory, merely kept staring past the TV. "Then again, I am, also by nature, a gentleman. Therefore, I am willing to assume responsibility and solve consequences of my own doings."

He briefly paused, thinking. The word came naturally to him, now remained the challenge to know which word to use.

"That is why... I will not fight your battles for you... But I am willing to become your torch so you can keep going even when night falls."
Back to top Go down
Scotland

Scotland

PostSubject: Re: A Brotherly Hate Date?   A Brotherly Hate Date? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 4:05 am

Rory chuckled, his brother's meaningful metaphors rising his mood just a bit. All of this sudden willingness was shocking, though the redhead was glad. Maybe he and his brother's relationship could get better. Maybe, just maybe. Sighing, he let his gaze drift, focusing on nothing in particular, just trying to distract himself from his nerves.

"Unfortunately this is a very hard battle," Rory said slowly, inhaling deeply. 'You might have to not mind being that torch for awhile," he warned, frowning a little. The Scot had always know he needed help, he just hated having to admit it. He tried to convince himself he could go on on his own constantly, but it just wasn't true.
Back to top Go down
England

England

PostSubject: Re: A Brotherly Hate Date?   A Brotherly Hate Date? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 2:47 pm

"A torch will always burn as long as there is someone to hold it up." Arthur shrugged. "It will go out, though, if you drop it in the dirt and run off on your own. And then, you'll have to come back and light it again, and if you're unlucky, it'll be too covered in dirt and water to catch fire again." he told his brother like it was nothing. They'd had this conversation already. Not long ago at all, actually. Still, it felt reassuring to him to know that his brother had been reminded of the consequences, despite the fact that Arthur was sure he wouldn't.
Back to top Go down
Scotland

Scotland

PostSubject: Re: A Brotherly Hate Date?   A Brotherly Hate Date? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 9:51 pm

Rory looked at his brother, wondering how the boy had gotten so intelligent about these things. He knew that Arthur was going to grow up to do great things, even if he wasn't the best with his communication skills. Rory was.. proud. And he was glad that the blonde was coming out of his shell, by starting to date that goat face, and now with them talking more.. he hoped things were going to get better now.

"When did you get so smart?" Rory asked softly, curiously.
Back to top Go down
England

England

PostSubject: Re: A Brotherly Hate Date?   A Brotherly Hate Date? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 12:13 am

"Silly brother of mine, who do you think you're addressing here?" Arthur huffed indignantly. "I've always been. You've simply decided to start noticing now." he smirked cheekily.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Brotherly Hate Date?   A Brotherly Hate Date? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Brotherly Hate Date?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hetalia Gakuen Academy :: School :: Rest Area :: Dormitory :: Room 85-
Jump to: